What do you do if your child's birthday party ends up being on the same day as another friend's party and they invited some of the same people.

My daughter is having a birthday party and the day she passed out invitations another girl, who my daughter invited to her party, passed out invitations to her birthday party for the same day. They have invited some of the same friends, and so far only 1 person has said they were coming to my daughter's party. We are new to the school this year and don't have a lot of other friends in the area. What should I do now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is there a way that your daughter and the girl could compromise and plan the parties together at the same place? My friend's daughter and my son share the same birthday(both born June 3rd, 2008) and I've considered coming up with the idea that my son and her daughter celebrate their birthdays together.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You can try having a joint party or just have it the next weekend or next day. That way no one feels left out
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:34 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Are they at at the same time? If so, can you move yours to a later time or even a different day/
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 10:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• see if you can contact the other mother and put the two partys to gether to meet with the other parents and your daughter meets new kids. ask if you and her can throw the party together at a park or your home
    inmemoryofjacob

Answer by inmemoryofjacob at 11:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2010