Do you believe that Jesus conquered death?

This question is especially for those who have been replying to questions about saints & intercessory prayer. Please state your religious affiliation and answer the following questions:

Do you believe in eternal life? Are those in heaven alive? Did Jesus rise from the dead and therefore conquer death?

LibbyLife

Asked by LibbyLife at 12:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I believe in eternal life. I believe that those who died in faith in the true Messiah are in the presence of God right now. And those who died outside of the righteousness we have through faith in the Messiah are in torment right now, awaiting the final judgment.

I believe that Jesus rose from the dead and conquered death. So that when I die and leave my body I will be present with the Lord.

I do not believe that the dead are able to come back here and help me, even if they were Christians and are with God in heaven. That goes against Luke 16. I also only pray to God and not to other Christians who have crossed over. And I don't think that the saints are my friends that I can converse with. They are just people whose lives I admire.

But I focus on my relationship with the Lord. I pray to Him and listen for His voice and watch His hand at work in my life.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• When I die and go to be with the Lord. I look forward to meeting and talking to the great brothers and sisters of the faith. I would love to have a conversation with Paul, and the apostle John. I also am dying to ask Elijah what it was like to call down fire from heaven!!! Wow. Heaven will be great.

Anyways, I am a Christian.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:49 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I am a believer of Jesus Christ and also believe Jesus conquered death. I believe that those that went to Heaven are alive in Christ and those that didn't are forever separated from Christ.
    I believe in Eternal life.
    I believe the same as Cinnamon Mom in regards to talking to the dead( no longer on this earth).
    Saul was rebuked for asking the witch of Endor to summon Samuel to come and help him. It was entirely wrong for him to do so.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my answer to all 3 is YES!!!! i am a Christian
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yes mommie!
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 2:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i'm with Cinn! (pretty much 99% of the time...)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yes to all 3. The only thing that is significantly different for me is I don't accept that all those dead receive a Heavenly life. Most will receive a resurrection back onto Earth when God's Kingdom comes, as promised (Isaiah 45:18; Matthew 5:5; Revelation 21:3; Matthew 6:10; Psalms 37:10; Acts 24:15 . . . )
    I'm a Christian, one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    pomander

Answer by pomander at 4:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm Catholic. Yes to all 3. I'd just like to say that I don't believe the dead can come back here and help me either, I simply don't believe that since they are ALIVE in Christ that they have stopped being a part of the communion of saints and are no longer interested in what happens on Earth just because they have passed on. If I "pray" to a Saint I'm not asking them for anything other than more prayers on my behalf just as I might ask any of my fellow, living, Christians to say a prayer for me. They have no magical powers, I'm not trying to conjure them...nothing like that. I'm not surpassing God, I'm not looking to somebody else instead of him for help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Do you believe in eternal life? ~~Yes! :0)
    Are those in heaven alive? ~~Yes, the Eternal,the angels, Enoch,Moses,Elijah are alive
    Did Jesus rise from the dead and therefore conquer death? ~~Yes!

Let me qualify my answers by saying that I don't believe we go to Heaven immediately following death. I believe that Jesus conquered the "second death" by which sin and the sin-cursed will be destroyed,and that the second death is actually death. This death has no power over those who take part in the first resurrection [ the resurrection of the righteous.] (Revelation 21:8; 20:6,9-15, Romans 6:23).

I believe that those who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and are faithful until the end will "awake to everlasting life" but those who do not accept Him will "awake to everlasting contempt". (Daniel 12:2, Revelation 20:5,6)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yes, Yes, Yes.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2010