I LOVE him to death but...

Me and my sons dad are together, but don't get along to much. We love each other(i guess) but we fight a lot about stupid shit. Sometimes not so stupid shit. But i feel like if one day i'm going to take it out on my son. And it makes me cry at night. Because i love my son so much and i don't want to resent him because his father is a jack ass sometimes. I feel like when i'm mad at his dad, i take it out a little on my son. I don't do anything bad, i would NEVER hit my baby, i would NEVER harm him in anyways. But sometimes i just zone him out until i calm down. Because i breatfeed him, i don't want him to feel all the wrong and bad, mean, and nasty stuff that i'm feeling, then there are times when his dad hurts me so bad to the point where i just have to go in the room and cry, i hold my son, i apologize to him for his dad being such a jack ass, reassuring that i love him. But i feel wrong. Am i a horrible mother? What do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no your not a horrible mother but you should look into getting some couple counsling and try and get some help for you and bd ... im married and i have the same problems we fight alot and he pisses me off alot but all we can do is get through it and know it'll get better as time goes on if he is making you cry you should really get some help on that babies know when your upset too so being upset all the time doesnt help anything
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Sounds like there is a lot of stress going on in your life. You by far are NO WHERE near a bad mother, just in a bad situation. You need to look at your situation in life right nwo and think about if its really worth everything that you are going through. I know it sounds blunt, but you should prob leave the guy your with if he is causing you to be so upset all the time. You baby does not need to grow up around stress like that.

Good luck and I wish the best for you and your baby. :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 1:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• no you are not a horrible mother. ido this too, i harldy ever see my husband bc of how hard he works so that i can stay home, and i get frustrated all the time bc i feel like i am doing it all alone. and there are times when i take it out on my daughter and i hate that i do this, but when she is being a typical one year old and im frustrated and in a rush i just snap. you are human it happens. ive learned to cope by understand y i am home alone and thats so our daughter doesnt have to go to daycare. and its sooo worth it.
    Mommy2Layla08

Answer by Mommy2Layla08 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I would say you are normal, except it shouldn't ever be said to your baby. He will love his dad, and if you say bad things about his dad to him, he will think he is bad too, cuz he is part of his dad.
    I did this same thing too when I was young and had my first baby, and then I found a real man who didn't hurt me all the time and my son and I are stable and happy.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You are living with an abusive, controlling man. Get out before his mental abuse turns physical. Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Your not a horrible mother, you are actually a good mother for caring what your baby may be feeling from you. If I took out my feelings for his father on my son....well...he'd be dead! lol Seriously, I do not like my son's father, at all. He is a terrible person, and someone I have fought against for 19 years now, my son is now 19. I love my son more than life itself, and am so glad he didn't turn out too much like his father.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2010