WITH A BETA HCG TEST>>>>WHAT IS THE LOWEST LEVEL OF HCG HORMONE 2 BE DETECTED FOR IT 2 BE A POSITIVE??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 5
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You can google the name of the test to see how sensitve a certain test is. Most tests won't read a positive until your level is around 20.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 8:49 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Blood test 5, home test at least a 20.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:47 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Actually First Response can read at lower than 20. I took one and got a nice line at 9dpo, had a beta the next morning and it was 25.9. So I'm pretty sure at 9dpo my beta level was at about 13 or so.

And as the PP's said, anything over a 5 for a beta is "positive".
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my result was a 5 so is it positive
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The thing about beta's is that you need them done every other day to get an over all picture. Are you scheduled for another? They should double or more. They rise pretty fast in the very beginning. 5 is technically a positive, but still very low. Wait and see what the next one says! I was always so anxious during the blood test phase. It drove me nuts waiting for the results.

Do you know how many dpo you are?
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 12:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• idk because i am on depo and i haven't had a cycle since july and in November i spotted for a day or two so idk!!!!!!!!!!
    lilmechi225

Answer by lilmechi225 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Ohhhh, hmmm, in that case I would doubt that you are pregnant and the 5 is right there on the borderline. BUT, you never know. You need another blood test to be sure though. Or take an hpt in a couple days.

FYI, I took depo once and I bled for 3 months straight. I had headaches, went from a 34B to almost a D. I also gained about 30-40lbs and have had weight problems since then. I can't get below 140 for some reason. I know not everyone has those side effects but depo *can* do a number on your system. A lot of women don't have periods at all on depo....sounds like you fall in that category!
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 3:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2010