I need tips on how to potty train a 2yr old lil boy!?

i have been trying to just sit him on the potty and put in potty videos and reading him potty books. I have a potty seat and im not making him stand up. Is that a problem? He tells me he has to potty right after he goes in his pull up. or hell sit on the potty for about 5 or10 minutes then get up and pee in his pull up.!!! please i need some advice! its driving me crazy!

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 1:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well my son isnt that age yet but when he is I am going to do what my aunt did with her 2 boys..... she put fruit loops in the toilet ( kept a little bowl of them in the bathroom....and would tell them to try and pee through the holes...and after they done that...they basically just automatically went poop on the potty too....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Just put him in underwear. if he feels what its like to be wet and uncomfotable he may make the connection he needs to go on the potty. Also if you throw cheerios or fruit loops in the potty and tell him to sink them it may make it fun for him and he will learn that way,.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 1:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• :) BTDT.
    First, have him sit backwards on the seat. (Facing the tank). That gets him used to facing to pee. Second, take him to pee every half hour, then every hour as he gets it. No, I am not kidding. It is tedious, but it works.
    THIRD......
    M and Ms.... one when he pees in the potty, two for poopin'.
    Hey...it works
    (My daughter saw my son being potty trained at 3....and she potty trained her self at 15 months just so she could have m and ms. LOL) I didn't even try until my son was 3 though. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 1:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i read that if you make them pee standing up and sit down to poop they can get confused. i just sat him there like he was going poop and fed him jelly beans at first so he would like the potty. when he went pee i made a huge deal about it!!!! and gave him a jelly bean. for awhile he got one jelly bean for peeing and two for pooping. he got to pick out his jelly bean which he really liked. he's three now and goes without even telling me. he learned to stand up and pee a little later. (outside thanks to his papa lol)
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2010