Why is it???

When pro-choicers talk about abortion being a "reproductive decision," it's ok, even though many people who believe abortion is murder, but when pro-lifers call it like it is and say abortion is murder, we are considered to be attacking? To a pro-lifer, abortion is disgusting and MURDER! CM doesn't seem to give a crap about our beliefs though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree OP, there are TONS of double standards when it comes to this site.

"Why sit here and complain that CM takes down your posts? If you don't like this site, LEAVE"

Why should she or anyone leave because CM has double standards?
    I have said before that abortion to me is murder. NOT saying anything else and I got deleted.
    Same goes for ALOT of other topics.
    If one group of people can have an opinion then so can the other half.
    9 times out of 10 tho that 1st half is so childish they cant let ANYONE have a different opinion. You happen to be apart of that first half that loves to jump down anyones throat that doesnt believe what you do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Because we have freedom in our beliefs. You believe what you believe and other people believe what they believe. It's really not a hard concept.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You're starting an argument that you'll never win.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• OP here - I'm not starting an argument. I really want to know why the double standard. Legalmommy - You prove my point. Why are other's beliefs better than mine?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• They aren't better than yours and yours aren't better than anyone elses. Just like you started this post to bash pro choice people, you are allowed to do it because you have the freedom to express your beliefs.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Her point is that people who are pro-choice can say whatever they want and not get deleted but pro-lifers say how they feel and do get deleted and such. It is an unfair standard. I have seen it for other things on here too, like the debate over c sections, or even over religious beliefs. I think that the admin can be too politically correct in some areas and not in others so it skews topics
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Well, there is a difference between saying abortion is murder and calling someone a murderer. When you call someone a murderer you are personally attacking them and CM doesn't allow it. Again, it's not an unfair standard, it's knowing the difference between a statement and a personal attack.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• OP - Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Legal - I never said I was calling someone a murderer.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I answered a question about praying to the saints and said that as a non catholic you may never understand and to quit unfairly bashing a religion and it got deleted. Not a personal attack but it was deleted. You only think it isn't unfair because you are absurdly pro-choice and say some terrible things to people who are pro life and you never get deleted. BTW for the umpteenth time today killing and innocent life is murder legal or not it is still murder, so if I choose to say because you have an abortion that you are a murderer it isn't an attack it is a definition based opinion, so I think that it is skewed on here.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2010