How do you spend a whole day with your 2 year old?

Renee21

Asked by Renee21 at 2:49 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we get up around 7:30 and have a bit of cuddle time ( my son doesn't wake up well). Then I make breakfast and we eat. We then play for a while - usually trucks or blocks but sometimes I let him play the computer games on the fisher price website. There is usually some cat chasing in there too. He then has a nap. Around 11(or when ever he wakes up) we head out to play group, the library or down town or the park - somewhere like that. We spend about 4 hours there (shorter if I have running around to do). If it is somewhere indoors and the weather is nice we usually go to the park for an extra hour or so. By that time it is time to go home and start supper. Make super, eat super. Back to quiet play time. Sometimes I will let him watch some Max and Ruby or Pocoyo (toddler shows) and then it is bathtime, story time and Bed around 8:00 - 8:30 ish
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 3:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My son is not quite 2, but I love spending the day with him. We eat meals, we play games, we cuddle, we watch TV, we color, we do itsy-bitsy spider and patty cake. And we do chores, he pushes the laundry basket around for me, he helps me sort clothes, he helps push the clothes into the dryer. We run errands, we cook dinner. If I have things to do or places to go, he comes with me when at all possible and appropriate. Some days definitely drain me, but those days I let the housework slide or take a nap when he does. The way i figure, I can't get these days back, so I'd better make the most of them!
    armywife1229

Answer by armywife1229 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2010