looking for information.....

this question was sorta asked before but it doesnt really help me. my hubby is like really macho in some way and his 8yo son having a stuffed dog to carry around is not his idea of manly. well i tryed to ask.com for info on if taking the stuff animal away was good hoping to find a medical answer from a pshyo. (shrink) and got nothing...... anyone know where i can find the answer? i think he will drop it evently but he thinks he is to old now... Men.

kikyu

Asked by kikyu at 2:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• well, he is kinda too old. Just force him to leave it in his bed, and not carry it around. My six year old would carry around her blankie everywhere and not be able to do things because she refused to put it down, like take her plate to the kitchen.. so we just make her keep it in her bed...
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 3:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• (that is if thats what you want to do) if you don't agree with your husband, say "its your rule you inforce it" lol
    MJ_BN_FE

• There is nothing wrong with him having a luvy! BUT... I dont think he should be carrying it around all the the time. But it would be okay for him to sleep with it or have it at home, but do not let it leave the house or maybe the bedroom. This may help lessen the attachment he has to it. Good Luck
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The problem is with your husband, not your son. You husband needs the therapy.
    You can tell you son that his dog is getting too old to leave the house, and needs to stay home.
    My 14 year old still sleeps with her blanket; my nephew slept with his teddy until he was 12.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• he doesnt normaly carry it out of the house except when he is sick, doc visits and such. like he has a operation on feb the 12 and i assumen that that day will be different i hope. one of the resions why we dont take any toy out of the house is some are hard to replace. -
    kikyu

Answer by kikyu at 12:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2010