How can I lose baby weight?

I am now 3 months pp and have lost all of about 5 lbs.. Unfortunately my son LOVES to be held and when he actually is ok without mommy, I have to use that time for things like bathroom breaks and showers. I don't have time to fix a decent meal either. Even when he falls asleep he almost always wakes up as soon as I put him down. I live with my mom but when she comes home she has to do her

jgagesmommy09

Asked by jgagesmommy09 at 4:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• What rkoloms said ....AND
    What about taking walks around the neighborhood or around the mall. Most little people love to be on the move.

Here are some simple and FREE things you can do also.
    You can squeeze in a workout just about anywhere ...... when I'm driving in my car, I will suck in my stomach to the beat of the music (great for abs) ... you can dance around the house while cleaning (dancing works all muscles, and makes cleaning more fun).... if you sit at a desk, you can sit on an exercise ball instead of a chair (many women at my job are now doing this)
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 12:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Are you breastfeeding? That is the best weight lose help after a baby. I would get him in a baby sling and walk if it is cold go to the mall and walk that is really all you can do that an use him like a weight he will think it is fun and it helps you. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:49 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• When you have time...like when you're watching tv....get up and jog on spot...start out 5-10 minutes at a time and keep adding time. You can also add kicks, knee lifts, lunges...ect....that's all I did...as well as eating better...and I lost 62 lbs.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• This is all really good advice, thanks a bunch!
    jgagesmommy09

Answer by jgagesmommy09 at 12:30 AM on May. 8, 2010