Why am I grinding my teeth in my sleep?

I used to grind my teeth in my sleep all the time when I was young (like 7, 8ish). I have only done it a couple of times in the past several years, and it's usually when I'm obviously stressed about something, so I know that's usually the cause. Last night I was grinding my teeth for the first time in forever, it didn't wake me up though, my husband woke me up, and told me to stop doing it. The thing is, there's nothing I'm obviously stressed about right now. I mean, I have normal stressors, but nothing out of the ordinary going on. Any thoughts as to why I was grinding? I hate it!

coffee_chick

Asked by coffee_chick at 7:42 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Health

• Stress you are unaware of how much you have, or really vivid dreams can do it, if you aren't feeling well, if you are cold or uncomfortable. These are things I know cause it with me, oh and being pregnant it is way worse when I am.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Stress.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I do this when I'm stressing. I sometimes wake up with a sore jaw. It could be something that you don't realize you are stressing about too.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 11:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i've been doing it since i was little and im almost 20. lol. not much you can do for it
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 12:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010