Howmuch fluid should a 14 month old be drinking a day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well if your toddler is drinking milk, it's 16-20 oz recommended a day; not more. The rest should be water -- unlimited. If you're worried about fluid intake make sure the wet diapers are regular -- look for 6 wets a day. My daughter was nursing a little at that age but never wanted to drink cow's milk; she still doesn't now that she's weaned and she's 16 months. I just make sure there's always a sippy of water around. She wets just fine so I don't count ounces.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Mine has about 4 oz of juice with breakfast. And about 20 oz of milk throughout the day, at nap time and bed time. The rest of the day he gets water, as much as he wants.
    armywife1229

Answer by armywife1229 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2010