what month are you when you hit your second trimester??

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 3 months

0-3 months = first trimester
    3-6 months = 2nd trimester
    6-9 months = 3rd trimester

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• yup three months - actually beginning of your third month when you begin your third trimester.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• 14 weeks is when you hit your 2nd trimester....i looked in the book what to expect when your expecitng...at the beginning of your 4th month is when the 2nd trimester begins.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• At 13 weeks (end of 12th week/3 months), you would start your 2nd trimester. At 28 weeks, you would start your third.

I never understood why What to Expect would put the 2nd tri at 14 weeks (3 months 1 week). My amazing pregnancy calender says the start of second trimester starts at the END of 12 weeks. Third trimester begins at 28 weeks. Different info makes it confusing.

My reproductive doctor always tells me that if I can get through the first 12 weeks and get into the 2nd trimester then the chance for miscarriage is reduced.

Check out amazingpregnancy.com to look at a calendar, it helps when scheduling appointments too.
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 10:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Why does it matter? Do you realized they the consider you to be pregnant for two weeks before you conceive while you are still growing your egg and your uterine lining. That is right. They measure from LMP. Makes on sense to me. I refuse to get on the x weeks and y days band wagon. I will count in months thank you very much.

Anonymous

• It matters because every single time you go to the doctor, they ask you how many WEEKS you are. To schedule my NT scan, I needed to know how far along I was in weeks, not months. There are tests that need to be done at a certain week. So, yeah it still matters even though adding on 2 weeks to the conception time seems dumb. But, technically the whole cycle that kicks off a pregnancy, starts on the first day of your LMP. There's more that goes into a conception than just magically ovulate and egg fertilize. It's a cycle.

Most women don't know exact date of conception, so LMP is used for dating. I happen to know the exact date I conceived so they went off that for me. Anyways.

all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 12:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2010