Is it possible to have period-like bleeding w/ cramping during a pregnancy?

I have read so many different articles that have information about this, but I want to hear it from someone who has experienced it. A girl I work with didn't even know she was pregnant until 6 months into it when she went to the doctor for something unrelated to the pregnancy. She says that she bled consistantly like a period throughout her pregnancy and that is why she didn't suspect she could have been pregnant. She said the bleedign was a little lighter with less clotting than her normal periods. She didn't mention cramping or anything else along with that. I know that every woman is different, but it just makes me curious as to how this can happen while still having a happy ending pregnancy. Anyone?

Clarke_m0608

Asked by Clarke_m0608 at 9:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my mom had that fro 5 mts with me. she went to her doc to ger her pap and she found out i was in her belly. shew told me she had a normal 5 day period every 28 days
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I didnt this with al my kids i have 2 and am 14 weeks preg with our 3rd i would bleed like a period for the first 15 weeks its very scarey I knew i was preg b/c we were trying so i had the post preg. test but if we were not trying then i could of easyly missed that i was preg with all the bleeding ......
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• In early pregnancy this is normal, its called implantation bleed.if furthur along i would get it checked out
    niceandspice

Answer by niceandspice at 9:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2010