changing visitation schedule

Quick question...my son's father's family (they will be taking care of him more then my son's father, since he is an over grown child) wants to change visitation weekends from 1,3,5th to 2,4th because son's cousin is with her father's those weekends, and they want the whole family together during his visits. I don't mind this change, but do we need to go to court to get this on paper? Or can we just sign and notarize letter saying we agree to these changes? I don't want to get in trouble if he tries to make a dickhead move on me in the future, something I wouldn't put past him.

KimSanAntonio

Asked by KimSanAntonio at 9:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• personally, I'd go get your court order modified. You just never know.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• In most states you can request to meet with a moderator of the court and as long as you both agree to it they will make the changes on your court order for you without having to actually go to court. I would look into this option because it's usually free and happens a lot faster.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2010