Are you watching the election results today?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I will be. I am very interested to see how this plays out.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yes and praying that Brown wins.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yes..with great interest!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'll be keeping an eye on them ;) I don't think they will make or break any issue, but we'll see.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I don't think they will make or break any issue

It makes or breaks a very specific one. If Coakley wins, there is no roadblock to the healthcare bill. If Brown wins, the dems can no longer block a filibuster and lose a crucial vote. The question is, if Brown wins, will the dems tie it up in challenges and court battles until after they can have the vote. As long as the seat is contested, they're safe. If there's someone there with an (r) their jobs get much more difficult.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I will be. Hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• It makes or breaks a very specific one. If Coakley wins, there is no roadblock to the healthcare bill. If Brown wins, the dems can no longer block a filibuster and lose a crucial vote. The question is, if Brown wins, will the dems tie it up in challenges and court battles until after they can have the vote. As long as the seat is contested, they're safe. If there's someone there with an (r) their jobs get much more difficult.

If Brown wins, which I doubt he will, Reid will go to the house and make the win as the reason they need to pass the Senate version of the bill.  The health care bill isn't as dependant on a Dem winning MA's seat as the media is making it out to be.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I hope Brown wins but don't think Dems will allow him to be sworn in before they vote on the healthcare non reform. They are scrambling now to figure out how to stop this if he wins. If he wins and the Dems are honest and let him have his seat without drama there is hope for the majority of Americans who do not want this HealthCare crap. I want reform but real reform not more government intervention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm pulling for Brown. I thought it was interesting to hear the heckling during the pres.'s speech yesterday. He pulled out one of his old campaign speeches and inserted her name. It sounded like the past year didn't even happen. After the stump for her, Brown's numbers went up. Wonder whose fault this loss will be? They blamed everyone but the man on the moon after the loss in VA.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yes.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2010