Michigan marriage licsence

Would someone please explain to me the process of getting a mi marriage licsence. I am about to turn 17 and my mom said she would consider signing on my b-day for me to marry my boyfriend of 4 years. How do we go about doing it?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 9:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Call the courthouse and ask them. They are the ones who know

Answer by admckenzie at 10:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm from Michigan.
    The hubbs and I went to the court house. I can't remember what the department is called that you want, but the security guys at the front will direct you in the right direction. You will need your Picture ID, birth certificate, some sort of addressed bill for proof of residence.. and I believe that is it. You go in there, fill out some paper work, and then they will file the paper work. Then you'll have your Marriage license. Yes, your boyfriend does need to bring in his Picture, ID, certificate, and proof of residence as well.

Go to Michigan.org for more information and the whole list of rules.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:44 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i was 17 and in wyoming you can get married if your rents sign well this guy wouldnt so we had to go to Utah and do it. all they ask is if you are cousins and if your not then you can get married. i would think just about every state has that law. so my dad signed the papers. they are very happy for us now.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 12:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2010