France and Chavez accuse the US of occupying Haiti.

The Red Cross is planning to bring 50,000 Haitians to Florida and 2,000 have already arrived. With the ignorant accusations of France and Chavez do you think maybe we should dump them in Paris and Venesuala instead? I don't see either country offering to take them in, yet they feel justified of condemning the US.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• good grief. We cant win for losing. As much aid an relief as we are sending THER AND that I have proven that Americans contribute MORE to charities than ANY other country...there are still SO many right here on CM that continue to accuse American of being awful, greedy, and selfish. This does not surprise me....but its awful sad.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Cmon guys, don't forget the rule - everything bad that happens is our fault, and everything good that happens is credited to the UN. Kind of like how Jesus helps everyone score touchdowns and win grammies but never makes them fumble or their album flop.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• *Sigh* I'm sure the U.S. will be accused of exploiting Haiti, trying to destroy their culture, invading and occupying, kidnappers if we adopt their orphaned children, etc. But the U.S. will also be accused of not giving ENOUGH aid, and not helping.

I think shipping them to Paris is a great idea. Except their treatment of immigrants is terrible. And I wouldn't wish Chavez on anyone but my worst enemy.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• We are damned if we do and damned if we don't...... It's also amazing that we are also catching it because we aren't doing it fast enough!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• If we did nothing we are heartless. We step in since they have no government there willing to and we are evil bastards. France and Venezula are part of what is wrong with the world they don't even see it.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Many of these Haitians have family already in Florida. I don't think they would like "being dumped" anywhere else.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Let them go do all the stuff we are doing then. Takeback  all of our aid ($), our food, our medical staff, our equipment, and our security and let them have at it. I was watching today while the rescue workers were trying to find a way in a collapsed building, looters with machetes were running passed with a stainless steel bowl. They didn't have food; they didn't have water; they didn't have anything that would imply desperation. They had a bowl. I would have stopped digging and told those men that if they are strong enough to run around stealing from the collapsed homes they are strong enough to help dig out of this mess. But no, the Haitians, or at least a large majority of them are being thugs instead of helping and the rest are too stressed to help. Tell France and Chavez is kiss our red, white and blue arse.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Lets look both sides. Chavez is just crazy he has persecution delirium ... France well they exploded this people and them dump it. But when you look at history at some point every single territory that well since the colonies that US has put his eye on for any reason . They end up owning the land and its citizens, It happened in California, in Puerto Rico, in Hawaii ... etc and they use it specially for military purposes . But this people really need someone who can take care of them the right way , because France abandon them . They need a different government so today they need this help but later on what is going to happen? I hope that the world doesn't forget them.
    violetlady

Answer by violetlady at 12:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i agree with jeese123456 ask the people of haiti and if this is how they feel about the US then pack up our troops/aid workers and things we took over there to help them and come home and let them figure it out for themselves.....now if its just the two bone heads shooting off there mouths ignore them and go about the business of actual helping people who need/want it .
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Agree with cara...I am so sick of hearing wth socialist jackass Chavez has to say...
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2010