Anyone know anything about cysts on pituitary glands in children?

My son is 3 and he has a cyst on his pituitary gland. He gets headaches from it and he has had one episode of vomitting with a severe headache. We go back for our second MRI next month, but lately he seems like it is bothering him. Does anyone know what can happen with those type of cysts? They arent life threatening, are they? I am really worried about him.

bekka106

Asked by bekka106 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Health

• I have abnormally high prolactin levels and miagraines. The most common cause for that is a pituitary tumor. I was sent to a nuerologist and had an MRI which showed no tumor. But when they thought that I had a pituitary tumor, the doctor told me that the surgery to remove it is quite simple and routine. They go in through the nose. I don't think a cyst on the pituitary would be immediately life threatening, but it would be quality of life threatening because the pituitary gland regulates so many hormones in the body. The good news is, it is fairly simple and safe to remove the cyst in that location.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2010