Question for truckers or truckers wives

My SO recently applied for a driving position with Davis Transfer Company in GA. He currently works for Werner. He's had no luck getting any kind of info on Davis, no one he can find seems to have had any experience with this company. I was wondering if any of you might have heard of this company and have any info that you can give me to tell him. He's excited about the company, but he also wants to make sure his situation won't end up being worse than it is right now. He's not getting any real miles with Werner, his dispatcher has pretty much decided to see how much it will take to get him to quit. Also, if you have any other suggestions for companies that you think are really good to work for, please let me know. Thanks, ladies!

tropicalmama

Asked by tropicalmama at 10:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hmm, we've never heard of them either. Werner sucks. Prime Inc sucks. Ummm...there's another big one that's no good either, but I can't think of it and can't get hubby to think of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My Hubby is an O/O and we were just talking about the company he's contracted to and he said he would never go to anyone else unless he heard good things from other drivers. It's best to get an idea of how they treat their drivers, whether they are company, or O/O's before you take the next step and quit the job he currently has.. GL, and I will see what I can find..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:33 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I don't know if maybe there's something wrong with my browser but I tried accessing their website and it won't open. It seems to me it might be down, or not there anymore. It's www.davistransfer.com if you want to give it a try.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:38 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yeah, we have the website, that's how he applied for the job. We were just hoping to find some personal experiences with them, to get an idea of whether it's a good company or not. They say all the right things on their website, but we all know how THAT goes. lol

He knows he leaving Werner, regardless. It's just a matter of finding another job first. He's looking at a lot of places, this just happens to be the one showing interest right now.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:12 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my dad works for Ruan (owned by walmart) and he realy likes them you might check them out
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My hubby drove truck for about 30 + years hes not here right now to ask about Davis, but we are in OH so he might never have
    heard of them there are alot that promise the moon but don't deliver I would try Googling the company name and use different searches like "information on Davis Transfer Trucking" or use the state in there some where "searching for people who have worked for Davis Transfer" etc...

Roadway and other union company's are good to but you have to live by your phone. We were lucky he always worked for a good company. Good luck in your search.

~Linda
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 12:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Look em up on the better business bureau.

Anonymous