What can be very severe head pain?

If you get head pain. It hurts so bad. Worse then a migraine or headache. What can it be? Where you're cold ,shiver and can't get warm and just experience pain? Any clues? Where seeking medical care isn't an option. What can one do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Health

• You need to see a Dr. ASAP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My first thought would be stroke but I'm not a doctor. It could be a muscle tightening up to where blood isn't flowing easily. Ask someone to give you a massage (neck and shoulders) and see if that helps. I have trigger points in my shoulder and it causes head pain like that. A massage helps me.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my back is out and i get frequent head aches and my husband rubs my back every night. on another note i had severe headaches when i went off the depo provera.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 12:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• If you can touch your chin to your chest without excruciating pain, then it is not meningitis which was my first thought about worst headache ever. I agree with admckenzie about the stroke as a possibility. Anytime you have a headache that is much worse than a normal headache you need to be seen by a doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Sinus infection. When I get a sinus infection the headache are worse than migraines. You really need to see a doctor because it could be anything. Something simple or something not so simple.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2010