Did you daughter have a harder time in middle or high school, as far as peer relationships go?

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 11:13 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'll speak for myself. I hated high school. The worst four years of my life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I hated H.S. too. Based on my SD I think things start getting tougher towards the end of middle school..
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I have a 9th grader and a 10th grader. both girls. I can harly wait until High school is over. there is more peer pressure and wasted money spent in High school tahn in any other time. It is very rough if you are not rich and after you graduate except for your grades non of it really matters. It is the geeks and Nerds that end up making the mega bucks, not so much the really "popular" kids.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• High school was harder for my daughter.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 12:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Sixth, seventh and eighth grades were difficult for my daughter, socially. She is much happier as a ninth grader; though this is her third year of high school.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• depends on the child. My teenage girls had a difficult time in middle school and I blame it on hormones. As peer pressure goes more is exposed in High School
    mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Personally. Middle school was the worst time for me. For my niece it was also middle school and her freshman year HS.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Middle school was harder for my 20 year old dd, my 12 year old dd is in 6th grade and the girl drama is pretty brutal. Girls can be so very mean to each other.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 8:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Middle school was very hard on my daughter. Middle school girls are soooo mean! My daughter is an attractive, intelligent girl who wore all the right clothes (though there were some things she picked out that I nixed right away) and still, she was the topic of every other rumor. She was miserable. She came home crying so many times. She is doing fine in high school. She very rarely has problems with the very girls who taunted her in middle school. Finally, she learned to ignore them like I told her for years. It worked.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2010