how to deal with a jealous toddler?

my 22 month old is jealous of my 8 month old now that she can crawl and pull herself up to stand. my older daugther will beat up my younger one. i've tried time out, distraction, getting down on her level, nothing is working. i know it's just a phase but every time i turn around she's doing it again. any suggestions?

Asked by girlie2 at 7:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How to deal with your jealous kid
    Help junior deal with the arrival of a new baby. ... But for a 14-month-old toddler, this is a time of confusion and jealousy. ...

Answer by vbruno at 7:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• jealous - behaviour - babyworld - information - baby
    My toddler's jealous of the baby. Is your toddler turning into the green-eyed ... The best way to deal with any behaviour you don't want it is to ignore it. ... -

• How Do I Deal with a Jealous Sibling?
    How to help your older child deal with feelings of jealousy when a new baby ... You can teach your toddler how to play with the baby in the same way you ...

• An infant who is learning all kinds of new things naturally gets more attention than a toddler who can do that stuff already. You need to make sure you're giving the 2 year old LOTS of attention, even if you're exaggerating some of it. Cuddle with her, play special games with her, etc. Keep telling her that she needs to be nice to her sister & encourage the older one to "teach" the little one how to do certain things. Maybe she would respond well to being a good helper.

Answer by crazysocks830 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Every time my 24 month old pushes my 1 yr old, I make her go say sorry and give her a hug and kiss. She no longer hits, or pushes. It took about a month.

Answer by lynenedubbels at 7:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Treet them as twins. If you by one one thing by the other of the same thing for your youngest daughter or as similar as possible. If you do one event with one do the same thing with the other. If it is not the same event do a similar event. Their will always be the sibling rivalry that is not going to change. You can make it happen less though. Try to together activities.
    Like ball. You can all roll it back and forth together. Or if you are making cookies put your 8 mnth old in the bouncer and give her a empty bowl and a spoon so she can stir it and then you and your two yr and can stir the real stuff.

Answer by Woe at 8:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• With me, my 2-yr old is jealous of my 4-yr old finally going to school!
    Can someone help ME??!!

Answer by mami2421 at 5:08 PM on Dec. 17, 2008