Decels during FHR monitoring?

Hello everybody !
I hope u don't mind me posting another question.I truly appreciate ur opinions.
So..I'm 36 weeks 3 days and noticed that during the fetal monitoring,the heart rate drops down to 115 for few seconds and goes back up to the normal range.Also the baby is very active since 35 weeks.She won't stop moving.She rolls or stretches every 2 minutes literally.She never ever stops.

I was told that she might have a nuchal cord but the doctor wasn't sure.He saw it during my scan at 33 weeks and the cord was close to the next during the one at 36 weeks.

I was wondering if the nuchal cord and the variable decelerations are worrisome findings?

I've read that hyperactivity it's a bad sign but during the test her HR was very reactive and everything looked fine except the decels.

Your replay will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

girl-23

Asked by girl-23 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The decels might've just been the monitor slipping on and off or gel drying up or baby moving around or going back to sleep.. that is not concerning in the least unless the decels last for long periods and they confirm it with a hand-held heart monitor with plenty of gel.. 115 is not really a concerning decel anyway -- 115 is actually low normal for a sleeping fetus.

A nuchal cord is of no concern. It's extremely common and it presents no risk.

You should really read up on these sort of things, why not do a little research -- it might prepare you for your labor/delivery experience better so you're not flipping out about the baby being ok at every little decel (that may or may not even be the baby but might just be baby turning/moving/the monitor moving) etc. You being so stressed over nothing is silly.
    Anonymous