How much do you usually spend on birthdays?

For your kids, about how much do you spend on the party? How about on the gifts from you? Do you give them just one birthday present or several?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• It all depends on what they want or we think they would like. We just make sure they will have a great time. I always put up streamer, decorate there chair, we have a birthday hat & banner we use for all of use on our birthday and cake.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• $150 on the party, 1 present under $50.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• well we are achually haveing a party at 630 for my 2 year old today her birthday was last tuesday though so we gave her, her gifts already from us. Santa got her a ball pit for christmas and it didn't have much balls so for her birthday we got her some more balls for it we couldn't find the 100 count anywhere the only one we found was the 250 count so ya now we have 300 balls I am picking up off the floor all day lol, but the kids play in it sometimes all day long. That was like 25.00 then we bought her a riding pony that was 50.00, but we got it on clarence for 20.00 so we spent 70.00 on her birthday gifts. It depends on how much we get them for there birthday on how much the item costs if it is cheap of course they get more, but if it is really expensive then we only get them 1 gift. And how much I spend on the party well we dont put up decorations we just use a table cloth, paper plates cups and forks and the cake CON..
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Depends where their party is,,,,,,,,I don't like to go over $200 and for their gift, it depends on what they want, if it is something big, than they only get a few gifts or otherwise I'll get them like 10 things
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 11:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• the cake was 25.00 then we have the pop and chips and the dinner which I am making chicken nuggets for the kids since my nephew is picky and I am making sloppy joes for the adults so we spent about 40 or 50 alone on the party.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My son just had his first birthday party, it was nice, well decorated, he had 2 bags of stuff from us and 30 people came and were fed. We did it all for 176 dollars. That includes his gifts, food and cake for everyone, all the decorations.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 12:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• We never do big deals, just not our style.

I make a cake and we buy one or two small gifts(depending on finances). If we have relatives over then I will make sub sandwiches too.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• About $50-$60 to take the kids out to lunch/dinner (it's pricey with 2 adults and 4 kids) and about $30 for gifts and $4 for cake mix/frosting if I don't make the cake from scratch.
    We don't do parties and we don't go all out on gifts.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2010