What is your favorite meat loaf recipe?

It's gonna be dinner tonight!

Pristine_Dream

Asked by Pristine_Dream at 11:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• my favorite is from the martha stewart website. i believe its title is meatloaf and baked mashed potatoes. My husband and I love it, it is a little different then regular meatloaf. It uses marinara sauce instead of ketchup and I think it has more herbs then regular (i really wouldnt know this meatloaf is the only kind I have made).
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 11:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I mix the meat with bread crumbs, parm cheese, soy sauce, egg, salt and pepper, Lawrys season salt, garlic powder and sometimes chopped green pepper and onions. I put in a loafpan and bake for about 30-45 minutes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Super easy italian meatloaf:

1. Get a bag of italian croutons-- run them through the blender or food processor to make crumbs
    2. mix crumbs, a can of italian diced tomatoes, meat and egg
    3. top with a little marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese if you wish
    4. bake

the croutons are so full of flavor that you don't need to work on seasonings.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I use the recipe I got from the show America's Test Kitchen. You use 1 lb ground chuck and 1 lb ground sirloin. It calls for unflavored gelatin to give it a very creamy texture, as meatloaf was origionally made with veal. It has cracker crumbs, eggs, choped celery, garlic and onion. A table spoon of tomato paste and you form a loaf on a piece of foil on a cooling rack on top of a cookie sheet so all the fat drains off rather than sitting in the loaf pan. You coat the top with katsup, brown sugar,and some vinager. It is amazing.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2010