If you believe Adam and Eve were the first people on earth, do you believe there were cavemen and dinosaurs?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm just not sure how you reconcile the two, or maybe you don't...really curious, not bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• adam and eve represent the first church on earth
    mrfinish

Answer by mrfinish at 12:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Well....I believe that there were dinosaurs and cavemen because there is physical evidence of such on Earth. But I also believe that God created all life upon Earth, so I believe that since these beings existed...God created them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Well I believe that Adam and Eve were first but that's what I've always been taught. But, some Christian guy I know told me the other day that there were also other people on the earth with Adam and Eve b/c in some verse in Genesis Adam and Eve's sons were afraid of man or something like that. Sorry I can't quote it better.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Adam and Eve were the first Jews. They were not the first people. When Cain was banished from the Garden of Eden, he was told to build a city and take a wife. He did both. He didn't marry a monkey. The city wasn't occupied by jungle creatures. He married a gentile. The Old Testament is the history and teaching of the Jewish people. It was after the Passion of Christ that the teachings were given to the gentiles. I'm a gentile. Thank goodness that the teachings were sent to us. But, no, they were the first Jews and that's ok.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Yes they were... the first of all mankind.. there is nothing in Genesis that says they were the first jews but it says mankind. cavemen did not exist at first and yes there were dinosaurs. there is a website by Ken Ham www.answersingenesis.com that has answers to these kinds of questions. Very informative.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• OK, I did not know that Adam and Eve were from the tribe of Judea(Jew), huh, weird.

There were no tribes before Adam and Eve, Jews are a tribe 1 of the 12, Tribes began after moses. Adam and Eve could not be from Judea or Jew(Tribe of Judea). Also Garden of Eden is placed in Iraq.

Anyhow, yeah there is even scripture in the bible describing a dinosaur!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Anyhow, yeah there is even scripture in the bible describing a dinosaur!

there is? what is it?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• cavemen no

dinosaurs - yes

bible does speak about dinosaurs and the great creatures.
    Anonymous

• As a Christian, I believe Adam and Eve is a story about the fall of man, the beginning of sin, etc. Like all mythology, the story is to point to a truth. The truth that it is pointing to has nothing to do with whether or not there were cave dwellers (of which there is proof there was) or dinosaurs (of which there is proof there was). Most Christians are not Bible literalists, nor are they taught to be.
    Anonymous

• I believe that dinosaurs were created on the same day as all the other animals. And that they were peaceful creatures, as was the lion, tiger, and bear before sin entered the world. I believe that they lived with Adam and Eve and nothing died until after the fall. For more information on what freaks like me believe : ) you can go to this website:

Answers in Gensis

And you might like this article:

What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs?

Here is more info about Dinosaurs too : )

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2010