Calories

how many do yo need a day?

angel_megan

Asked by angel_megan at 11:58 AM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• 1500 on average but you can use google to search for a more accurate calculation so you can find the right answer for yourself based on activity level and size.
    Anonymous

• if you're trying to lose weight, add a 0 on the end of your goal weight and there you have it. so if you're shooting for 130 pounds, you'd be looking at about 1300 calories a day.
    sassbott_5000

Answer by sassbott_5000 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You should not go below 1500 calories a day.
    Anonymous

• sassbott - I don't think that's accurate... my goal is 115... I KNOW 1150 calories a day is unhealthy! can you give me a link to information on this method of calculating?
    Anonymous

• well your calorie intake needs to be based on your size, age, and daily activity (such as your type job and household things, someone who sits at a computer at work all day then comes home and doesnt have much to do doesnt need as much intake as a hard labor job). Google it, I know there are many links to calorie calculations, etc.
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 12:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• on fitness magazine.com you can find a calorie calculator. sign up for the site (it's free) and under either weight loss or diet. you can calculate how many calories depending on age, hieght, weight and gender, you need to maintain your current weight, or how many you need to maintain your goal weight. I'm 265 and my goal weight is 150 and my calorie intake for my goal weight was 2090.
    1500 sounds unhealthy.
    Anonymous

• Go to sparkpeople.com. You plug in your height, weight and what activity you do throughout the day. It tells you how many calories you should have to maintain or to lose weight - it gives you a range not a single number. If you stick with it you can track what you eat each day, and it will also help you make sure you have the right ratio of fats, carbs, proteins and whatever else you want to track (salt, iron, etc)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2010