None Valid Paycheck

When I had to move quite suddenly I quit the job I had at the time. Needless to say they were mad, although I DID give them a two weeks notice. Anyways, today, 7 months later, I get my last paycheck, that was supposed to be mailed out from them to me the day after I left. Obviously that never happened. So now I have a much needed paycheck that I cannnot cash. Is there anything that I can do about this? I tried talking to the store manager and he said "You should have driven here to pick it up." Umm yeah...I wasnt about to take an 8 HOUR DRIVE to get my check when they are perfectly capable of mailing it. So now what? There has to be something I can do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• why can't you cash it? deposit it in your bank.
    Anonymous

• Why isn't it valid?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• On the checkk it states it is 'Invalid after 180 days' It has been more than 180 days I beleive.
    Anonymous

• If the check bounced or there is no money in the account(after trying to cash it at the bank) then take it to the labor board.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• They have to pay you. If the check is no longer valid they must issue a new one. I would call whoever is in charge and request a new check to be sent out. If they are unwilling to pay you call the labor board as amaranth361 suggested.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• go to the labor board. you can obviously prove you never cashed it, if you still have the envelope take that too to show the post mark date.

they have to pay you.
    Anonymous

• Contact the state department of labor (you should have done this when you had not received the money after thirty days); they will collect the money and forward it to you; you may be able to do this online.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• They have to issue you a new check. This is on them.
    Anonymous

• Yes, you earned that last paycheck. They have to issue you a valid one. Stay away from the idiot store manager and call the labor department.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• what date is on the check? if its different from the post mark you can go to the labor board they have to pay you no mater how pissed they are that you left...people have the right to leave a job whenever they choose...its not the companys right to refuse pay just because you left....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2010