Small business

I am starting a soy candle/tart making business, is there anyone who has any advise on how to get my product out there, and start making money?
I offer more scents that are very high quality then anyone else I have found. Any advise would be appreciated :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• u need to have (make) a book with ur products and try door to door, u can also make brochures to leave at businesses with pictures of ur products. If u can offer prices at a discount when they buy more ull have a better chance at getting more out of it. "always" make sure ur buyers get a brochure and ask them to tell others about u :D
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I will say that this will be very tough. A lot of ladies try the candle making or soap making and because so many are out there competing not only with direct sales companies like Scentsy, Party Lite as well as yankee candle, wal-mart and craft stores where they are only $1 or less it's going to be even tougher.

You can make mini tarts to go with a catalog or brochure to give out to friends and family and then look into renting tables at craft shows. You may want to look into Etsy.com as well, but on eBay handcrafted/handmade items aren't as easy to sell as many people are looking for discounts on name brand items......BUT if you can make melts in shapes to use as party, baby shower or wedding favors that could do well.

I used to make soap favors with molds from: www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com, put them in cello bags, used color ribbon if their choice and made tags for them and sold them for $1 each...
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2010

• when you sell 100-500 at a time it makes it worth it. I used to have a dozen molds in a heart shape with wedding rings on them and it was my top seller....I could make 60 soaps at a time, but the bagging, tagging and tying took the most time. But if you get into favors like that it could do very well, plus you could be a vender at bridal shows or go to bridal shops and see if they would like to carry them
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2010