Breast pump

Is there a certain one anyone perfers??

Any info is welcome!
Thanks!

Amanda704

Asked by Amanda704 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a manual one. is what i liked best. The electric one hurt and took WAY to long to pump a bottles work. My manual one I could have bottle done in a few mins and it didnt hurt at all.

This was the one I had....

http://www.lansinoh.com/products/manual-breast-pump

Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 12:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The Medela pumps are #1 recommended by hospitals (and me!!) We LOVED ours! They rate wonderfully and offer a double pump to make it twice as fast!

Medela Pump In Style Advanced

They do have less expensive models also. I will always love the Medela ones - And use that PlayTex drop ins for feeding!

RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• depends really on what you will be doing the pumping for. If you will be going back to work, a dual electic pump is a MUST, I had a Medela and sucessfully breastfed for 18 mos while working full time starting at 11 weeks
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I had an Evenflo one I liked a lot, but it was so LOUD & obnoxious!! I hated using it because of the noise, the Medela one I had was better, and the manual Avent one was nice too except it came apart easily.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i bought an overly priced playtex one and it was junk, could barely get a drop. I loved my medela one thereafter, but on low pump not much happened, on high my one nipple started to tear away from the arieola. So just be careful. I know a lot of hospitals will offer a rental program on manual pumps, but clean or not, i wanted one that only my breast was in.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 12:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• If you are going to pump alot you are not going to want a manual pump - I like Ameda Purely Yours.
    smj1394

Answer by smj1394 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Depends on your needs./.

Working full time? Medela Pump in Style or Ameda Purely Yours.

Part time or SAHM? Avent Isis manual.

The Lansinoh is a good pump as well.

Evenflo is AKA Evilflo for good reasons.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2010