Need some advice about planning a wedding.

Ok, My fiance and I are planning a 11/11/11 wedding. Now my question is. This is his first marriage and my third. What are the do's and don't s in this situation? We don't want to look like fools.

Jenni7678

Asked by Jenni7678 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• With it being your third time around you might consider something simple for the ceremony then have a nice reception.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You won't look like fools no matter what you do. If you love each other then everyone should be happy for you both! The wedding we had was small but elegant. I wore an informal wedding dress that was ivory and my Hubby wore a really nice suit. We spent about 1500.00 on the whole wedding. We also had the reception at our home, everyone changed into their swim suits, ate some good food and just had a nice time without all the formality...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• are u wanting an expensive wedding?, if not make it like a banquet. have ur family bring their fav dishes! make it fun keep it simple with them bringing food u can be sure that everyone will eat and like the food instead of spending large amounts on single dishes per persoon
    babygirl8302006

Answer by babygirl8302006 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Do anything you want! Typically it would be less formal and you wouldnt wear white. Also, some consider the gift giving on a third marriage a bit tacky but its his first so really you can do whatever. The important thing is that you and your fiance are on the same page with what you each want.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I realy think you should have what you want. It is your wedding. Do what you two feel is right for you.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• As a trained wedding coordinator, I would say there are no "dos and don'ts" when if comes to your wedding. The key is planning a wedding based on what the two of you want. Many will tell you not to wear white, this just isn't the case now a days, if you want to wear white, you can... Wedding now are more about what makes the couple special and creating a celebration around it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Do something small with friends. Don't have a big wedding. You'll deal with too many "oh I hope this sticks!" "jokes" from everyone on your end.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, is this what you want to spend money on? Do you have a good jump on retirement savings? Do you have college fund(s) for your kid(s). For us, it was about being married, not getting married.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2010