What "little thing" does he do that says "I TRULY LOVE YOU" 1st posted on 1/16/2010

I loved the first 15 answers to the original post on Saturday. I just wanted to give another shot to those that didn't see this the first time. It's almost Valentines Day so getting mushy is expected. THANK-YOU so much for those first responses by the way. I don't know that I can pick a BEST since they are all so wonderful.

The day that my (then boyfriend/nowhusband) locked the door before leaving my house was the day that I realized he loved me. Without a word he turned the lock smiled at me and left. That spoke volumes. We lived in a tiny town where the doors were almost always unlocked. He never locked his own either. The memory of it and the fact that he still does it 8 years later just gives me that warm fuzzy feeling. What is it that yours does? Go ahead and brag please.

mygirlscome1st

Asked by mygirlscome1st at 1:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I honestly could not list all of the things he does partly because to many people it wouldn't make sense as to why it is so important and mostly because there are so many. I can tell you though that from the moment I wake up in the morning to the time I fall asleep there isn't a moment that goes by I doubt his love towards my daughters and me. Even in my dreams I know he is loving me with everything he is made of. I am glad to be mature enough to give him the same in return and never take him for granted.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 3:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• When Hubby and I met he was doing the job he does now, he's away on the road 4-6 weeks at a time. Anyway, he always turned his phone off at night at bedtime because he didn't want to be bothered. Well just after we became serious he told me, I leave my phone on now, in case you need me.. To me that shows me he truly loves me.. It may be a simple thing to some, but to me it's the little things that count!...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My fiance is awsome I love him so very much.He called me earlier to say,"I'm buying you a house on Friday morning @ 9:30 AM the paper work will be done." We had already went looking and both really liked this house.So I knew it was only a matter of time.This will be our 1st house we ever bought.We've been together for about 5 yrs.He is also my friend, I think that is more important sometimes.So he calls me with little things he'll read some where that was inspiring to him & he wanted to share it with me. Once a week he'll show up after work with a sundae for me, because he know's how much I love a peanut butter cup sundae from Freindly's.Every once and a while he'll bring home flowers ," JUST BECAUSE." I love him, and I feel so good when I'm with him.'
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 1:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The most meaningful thing my husband has ever done for me was to take an afternoon off work three years ago when I came down with the flu. I was so weak I could barely walk from one room to the next. That afternoon he walked in the door and went straight to the bathroom and ran me a bath. I was in tears because I knew that I couldn't possibly lift my arms long enough to wash my hair and I felt terrible that he'd taken off work to do something so nice for me. With that, he put me into the tub and he bathed me. He washed my hair, shaved my legs and when he was done he helped me get dressed and put me to bed for the rest of the day. While I was asleep he cleaned the house, picked up our son from school and made dinner. I guess I think of this as a "little thing" becuase he doesn't remember that day but I will never forget it. He was truly my angel that day.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 2:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2010