Kids and the Chiropractor

My thoughts are in response to another question about taking an infact to a Chiropractor.
Although a Chiro. can use pressure points and other methods of healing, any kind of upper back or neck adjust could kill your baby.
Neck and upper back adjustments can rupture the very small ateries that run up the neck. The rupture cause a clot, eventually the clot will break loose, travel from the neck into the brain....this is called a STROKE!!!! This same situation almost took my, then 35 yo husband to his death. He had to learn how to use his eyesight again, relearn how to walk and talk all over again. How heartbreaking this would be if it happened to an infant. Dont believe me? Research Chiroprator adjustment cause stroke. Stroke knows no age.

Ihatelaundry

Asked by Ihatelaundry at 1:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree. It's dangerous. After my experience as an adult with one who misdiagnosed me and let me suffer just to keep me coming back I'd never entrust a baby to one. I've been to many in my life so I'm not picking on just this one. I just don't think it's wise to take an infant to one.
    Anonymous

• All I'm going to say is there are good chiroprators and bad chiroprators. Just like Drs. That is why they use pressure points and not the adjustments they use on adults. Yes ever one has there opioin.

I trust mine and would be in so much pain to this day if I had not gone to him. My youngest would have constapation issues. And every time I pop out my ankle and see a regurlar Dr who tells me to be on cruches for two weeks and for me to twist it again three months later. Because noone adjusted it back. I no longer pop it out that much. but because of all the damage from it I do it every year.
    Anonymous

• Did you find this on an anti chiro site? Because while it is is possible (kind of like a death by vaccine is possible), the odds of it happening are less than a being hit by lightning.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I think the main Chiro association doesn't recommend chiropractic adjustments on anyone whose skeleton is still growing.
    Anonymous

• Yeah...whatever. Chiropractic care for kids is more than safe.
    Anonymous

• How about providing some links. It is recommended.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• http://icpa4kids.com/index.php
    whiteroses82

• just like drs there are going to be good and bad apples when it comes to chiro's. I completely am 100% for chiros for kids, they fix, when all drs want to do is treat and medicate.
    Anonymous

• MY HUSBAND HAD A STROKE THAT WAS CAUSED BY A CHIROPRACTiC ADJUSTMENT TO HIS NECK! I did not get my information from a anti-Chiro site........I didnt have to, I lived it! He had been with his Chiro for over a year. Dr.has a very successful practice. The adjustment was from the best. In my husbands case it had nothing to do with whether or not he was qualified.The Dr was neglegent b/c there was another factor he didnt consider before the adjust. It was a mistake. If you think about the process of an adjustment, logically a artery break is more than possible.
    Also, common sense would tell you that having adjustments to still growing joints, bones and muscles isn't the best idea.

My msg is for the mothers that are considering a chiro for their kids,just started or questioning if the chiro is right for their child. Also I want to remind you all that the danger is when the NECK or UPPER BACK is adjusted.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 10:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Adjustments for constapation sounds legit to me.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 11:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2010