Has anyone experienced this?

I know it's silly probably. But there's one thing that's really troubling me, and that is that what if I don't love my baby when he/she is born? I can't tell anyone in my family that I am worried about this because I don't want them to tell the child when it is older. I wasn't expecting to get pregnant, and I was hoping to have a job and be a little more secure. But then again, it's not necessarily bad timing as my hubby will be finishing grad school when the baby is one. It's probably stupid, but it's the only thing that makes me feel sad right now. Maybe it's misplaced because I am anxious about a job. Not sure. Has anyone else experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is perfectly normal emotion. Don't be embarassed by it!! You will love your baby, in ways you can't imagine.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I worried about the same thing with number 2. You WILL love your baby, no doubt about it :)
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• There's something wonderful that your body does right after you give birth. It releases hormones that make you feel a sense of bonding.

So don't worry about not feeling super-love and attachment to your baby right now. Mother nature has that taken care of.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i had that same fea w my first. even though i knew i already loved her, i was afraid i wouldnt when she was born. i was way more afraid of bringing her home then the delivery itself. its normal to have all kinds of conficting emotions. whrn you see your baby all that wil go away.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I wondered the same thing. My last ultrasound befor eI had my daughter she looked sooo UGLY! I was thinking if she is this ugly how can I love her like I am supposed to when all I can thinka bout is how ugly my baby is? Come to find out she was making a face because she was mad at the doctor for waking her up during the ultrasound... a face which was MUCH cuter once she was actually born, lmao. I think it is an anxiety that comes with lots of pregnancies.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2010