is it too much??

when i was pregnant, my baby had the hiccups every single day... sometimes twice a day.... now that shes born its the same exact thing.... i dont think its normal to have the hiccups this often. should i bring this up to my doctor??

Mamicela87

Asked by Mamicela87 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It wouldn't hurt to bring it up to your doctor. Newborns get hiccups very often though, as their bodies adjust to working properly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm wondering the same thing. My daughter is almost 3 months and gets the hiccups around 10 times a day! I have heard that babies aren't bothered by them but I disagree she gets fussy and irritated every time she has them.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Babies that hiccup a lot in the womb do tend to hiccup once born...they outgrow it. Certainly mention it, but I wouldn't worry much.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My son got them every time he would eat for almost 3 months. I dont think its a problem.
    Anonymous