Anybody have a child over the age of 3 still in diapers?

My 2 boys are still in diapers. They are 3 and 4 yo. How old is your child and where is there favorite place to poop their diaper?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take their diapers away. At this point they are capable, but being stubborn.
    Anonymous

• No, my son was not completely potty trained by age 3, but he wasn't still in diapers.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 1:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My daughter didn't potty train until she was a little over 3, the pediatrican assured me it was fairly common, 25% of kids are not potty trained until after 3. 4 seems a bit old to me though... my ds will be 3 in March and still shows very little interest in the potty.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• wow that is old. my youngest son was only 2 years when he started going to the potty. i figure if they are old enought to tell u what they want they are old enough to say they have to pee
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 2:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• OMG. That's just nuts. My oldest son was late at almost 3 but get determined woman, They are more then capable and they understand it just fine, they aren't either being motivated or something. 4? Thats the craziest thing I ever heard without a medical problem? seriously. That child is basically school aged.
    Anonymous

• My bf's daughter is in diapers but she is also mentally incapable of potty training. She is only on the level of about a 1 yr old. I would be sick if my kids were still in diapers at that age.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My daughter was in diapers until four. She was tying her shoes and reading before she was out of diapers.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My daughter is over 4 and still isn't fully potty trained. She doesn't wear diapers anymore. She does wear pull-ups at night. She has urinary tract problems that have made potty training difficult. My son though will be 2 in April and is starting to go to the potty. Every child is different and it is quite common for children to show little to no interest until the age of 3.
    onthegoturbo

Answer by onthegoturbo at 5:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my brother was in diapers until he was 5 1/2. but at 6 he knew what his multiplication tables were, and now, at 16, he is a genius. every kids is different. Dont worry about it. :)
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My daughter just turned 3 and is still in diapers at night; panties or Pull-Ups during the day. I couldn't even get her NEAR the potty until a few days ago. I have a 1yr old who is already interested in opening the potty and trying to figure out how to sit on it. Every kid is 110% different, and every parent's parenting style is 110% different. As long as the kid's not walking into kindergarten with a diaper on, I see no problem. People really need to bug out of other people's business when it comes to this stuff.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2010