The origins of humans

I'm watching the History Channel right now & they're talking about the Sahara desert. They just said & I quote "all people originated w/ one tribe in east Africa". Whether you believe in evolution or creation it seems life started in Africa. How do you feel about this?

Nyx7

Asked by Nyx7 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have no problem being descended from black people. I just wish I didn't get the wonky gene where my melonin doesn't work and I burn after 2 seconds in the sun. I'd like some pigment back, please. :D
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Was it "Africa" at the time? Or is this as far back as Pangaea? It doesn't really matter where life was created. Just curious of the time line and lay out of the continent at the time.

Anonymous

• I have no feelings whatsoever about it.
    Anonymous

• I believe in Creation as told in the Bible, and I think that's consistent with life starting somewhere in northeastern Africa/Middle East area

Answer by missanc at 1:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i'm just glad we don't live there anymore!
    Anonymous

• I agree with missanc.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I saw the show you are talking about, and I don't think anyone kmows for sure.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• op here: they said africa but from what they were describing it looks more like pangea. So if life originated in africa then it would make sense the melanin content of our ansestors was much darker. How do you feel about being decended from black people?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• it seems that the oldest fossils are found there so far..but they obviously havent been able to look everywhere.. it could be that there are older fossils in north america buried under paved cities.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Well, if you actualy paid attention in school, you will know that the Creation is a fairy tale and that Evolution is reality.
    Anonymous