Has anyone used Rosetta Stone?

My parents and I and my hubby were thinking of splitting the cost and buying the Rosetta Stone Spanish. My mom and I were reading the reviews and it almost seem to go to be true.

What was your experience with it and what language did you try/learn?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have not tried it. Im friends with a guy who did have it. He said it is the best thing in the world. He speaks fluent Spanish now and he loves it. Said that it is worth twice the amount that they are asking for it. Heres the thing though once you download it to a computer you cant download it to another, so unless you share a comp you will both need your own copies.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I am learning Italian, and I like it, I think its really good, I dont work on it as often as I should, but I rememebr everything I was taught. spanish and mexican are two different languages, so if you want spanish like what they speak in mexico, its different from what they speak in spain, so make sure its the right language
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Go to their website and try the free trial.
    I think it's great. I tried both Spanish and Japanese. I was amazed at how quickly I was able to pick up both languages, especially the Japanese.
    Anonymous

• I have Swedish. It's a difficult language, but I'm picking up quickly. It really does work like they say it does. I want to buy French after I get basic Swedish down.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My bf has it and he likes it. We live in Texas so naturally he is doing spanish. It helps we eat at Mexican restaurants all the time and he can practice and that at work he encounters non English speakers all the time.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 8:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2010

• OP here. That does suck that you cant download it to another computer. Puts a big damper in thing....Hubby and I both have laptops and my parents have a desktop, but it wouldn't be a big deal to put it on one of the laptops and just pass it around. Would really suck if something happened to the laptop though. We'd pretty much be screwed i guess. lol.
    Anonymous

• I have the Japanese and I have down loaded it to two different lap tops. Its worth it and it really promotes your learning of another language.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2010

• In my town they have Rosetta Stone on our library web page for free but only in Spanish, Italian and French. Try calling your local library or your state capitals library. Here in Mass if you're a resident, you are intitled to a Boston Public Library card no matter where you live. I would imagine it's like that in other states as well. It doesn't hurt to check it out. Good Luck!
    colleen712

Answer by colleen712 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2010