Fish anyone?

I'm not a big fish fan, but I want to keep my family healthy so I decided to start cooking fish more often. I bought frozen Tilapia fillets and now I'm looking for recipe to cook it. Anyone has a simple recipe to make baked fish?? Please share with me!!

Agadaria

Asked by Agadaria at 1:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Well, first, you should know that Tilapia needs a lot of seasoning. I've made it before and it's kind of a bland fish. Good, just not flavorful. When I cook it, I use a mix called Natures Seasoning. It's made by Morton (the salt people). Then I put it in a cake pan with just a tiny bit of olive oil on the bottom. Then bake for about 15mins at 250 degrees (thawed) or 300 (frozen). The time will vary on how thick the fillets are and weather of not they are frozen. If they aren't done after 15mins, check again about every 5. They should be firm, but flake easily with a fork. I usually pair it with some mixed veggies, like broccoli, carrots, cauliflower and squash. You can buy that mix frozen- it's called Normandy Blend. Sooo yummy.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Just season it and stick in the oven on 350F..
    SgtWife0502

Answer by SgtWife0502 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i will use shake and bake or just bread crumbs and put em in the oven or season with lemon and pepper and i serve it with rice and/or beans and a salad.
    espi

Answer by espi at 2:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Thanks all!
    Agadaria

Answer by Agadaria at 2:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with dried or fresh dill, garlic powder, cracked pepper. place a couple thin slices of lime on top, stick it in a foil pouch, seal it and bake @ 350 until the pouch "poofs". remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

easy, tasty, no clean up- plus the "juices" from the fish make a wonderful sauce to pour over rice! and it never comes out dry when you cook it in a pouch.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I have a ton of white fish recipes that can be done with talapia.All very quick and easy-- they just sound fancy.

http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/category/fish-and-seafood/

With roasted tomatoes and peppers --Poached in wine with capers ----paprika baked fish --------fish stew

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I brush it with melted butter and season with dill.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I like to bake my fish with some butter & seasonings - sometimes just a little salt & black pepper. Yum. I love fish.
    Anonymous