What is a good age to take kids to Disney?

My girls are 4 years old and 17 months. Just want to plan a trip to Disney I know that they would love it. Where should we stay and where should we go?

Trinitysmom1205

Asked by Trinitysmom1205 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Travel

• Disney in CA or Disney World? Your 17 month old will just be a weight to carry around. Your 4 year old will love it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm sorry...we would be going to Disney World.
    Trinitysmom1205

Answer by Trinitysmom1205 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• My boss took myself, my husband and my son to Disney in Florida when my son was 6, he still remembers it and talks about it and really enjoyed it. I was glad that he went at an age where he could remember going. However, I think any child, any age, would enjoy disney, just take lots of pictures so they can see them when they are older. I took my Son to Sesame Place in PA when he was 3 and he doesn't remember it, but I show him the pictures from it now and he thinks it was very cool and asks questions about the trip. When we went to Disney in Florida we stayed at one of the disney resorts, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. We went to Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Waterpark, and Universal Studios. It was a blast!
    ryansmom66

Answer by ryansmom66 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You will have a lot more fun with just your spouse. Take the kids when they are at least eight.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• we are taking my DS this fall, he will be about 3 weeks short of 5 years old... personally I think anything younger is a waste of $$
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• 8 is a good age and they have more of a variety of rides to choose from.

Anonymous

• I think 2 or 3 is a prefect age to take them. We took two 3 year old, a 2 year old and a 6 month old. The two 3 year olds and the 2 year old thought it was the most magical thing ever. They were able to ride a lot of the rides. We went to Disney World, Animal Kingdom and Epcot Center. Of course the 6 month old did not get anything out of it but we did not have anyone to leave her with and I wouldn't sayat she was a weight to carry around. We would wait in lines with her and then we would do that family swap where part of the party rode the ride and then we swiched so everyone got to ride every ride. It was lots of fun!! I don't know why it would be a waste of money to take them earlier than that. I grew up going every year and I had fun at all ages. My eldest who is 5 still talks about it and it has been two years seeing Mickey and the Princesses and the castle.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• my son is 4 until december. we might do it this summer. we might just wait another year if we can so that he is sure to remember it. he remembers one of the two vacations from last summer. he remembers las vegas over FL.... that isnt suprising.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:20 PM on Jan. 22, 2010

• To me any age over 1yr. Yeah they won't remember it but you will and they'll still have a blast. We've taken both of our girls before they were 2. Our oldest is 11 and youngest is 4. My oldest has been 5 times and my youngest has been 3 times, this April's trip will be her 4th. I've been 26 times, so that tells ya I've been going since I was very young.

I think the perfect age depends on your family and there is no set age where traveling anywhere is the perfect age. Go and have a blast. Look at it both ways you'll be taking both but only paying for one. Kids under 3 are free. Both of our girls are June babies so we usually go a month or so before their b-day so our youngest was technically 2 but so close to turning 3 she was able to do more things and remember more about that particular trip.

Good luck, if ya need any advice PM me.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2010