pregnant...stomach acid

i was eatting and i left like my stomach was full of acid it was like running around my whole stomach then i felt it more going around my belly button; anyone elas experience this before????
oh im only 4 weeks pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes... you might be having heart burn a little bit or may end up having heart burn later on. I have acid refulx anyhow so mine gets worse now that I'm pregnant and further along (oh joy, lol). I use Prevacid (I think it is called) and it works well.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• tums is better for your baby
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Just find what works best for you... TUMS didn't work for me and most of the time the Prevacid (or whatever it is) doesn't either... but I am severe case.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Heart burn and acid reflux is common through all stages of pregnancy.

You can do the basics of tums, rolaids, keeping your body upright more, and avoiding some aggravating foods.

If none of that works, you can talk to your doc about some stronger treatments that will be okay during your pregnancy.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• It you take tums make sure to check the recall list. I know it inculded motrin, tylenol, and benadryl, and I'm pretty sure there were some tums recalled also.
    Anonymous