Are you 140 Pounds and 5'8?

This is a crazy question I know ;) I am on the road to weight loss, 140 pounds is my goal weight. I'm trying to guess at what size that is. Realizing that it will be different for everyone based on body type. I googled it and came across a forum where the question was asked BUT it was a bunch of teeny boppers and they said 6-8.

I am going to HIGHLY doubt that my body could ever be a 6-8 :)

@ 165 I was about a 14.

So humor me......what size?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm 5'8" and 138-143 lbs with an apple shape (translation -- thick waist). I wear size 8-10.
    brentwoodTNmama

Answer by brentwoodTNmama at 4:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I don't remember 140 pounds! Even at 5' 4" my goal weight is supposed to be 145 so I am sure yours should be a little around the same or higher since you are taller. But I am wwwaaayyy off my weight right now (before pregnancy) and if I could have it my way I would only want to be about 150-155.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i'm not sure, but i'd die to be that size!!! lol good luck with your weight loss goals!
    Anonymous

• anon :40.......I may die in the process of getting that weight LOL!!!!!
    Anonymous

• im 5' 1" , and at 140 I was a size 5-6, it depends on your body type, and how you carry your weight. right now I weigh about 215, and im wearing a size 18.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I think that really depends on your fat to muscle ratio and where throughout your body the weight is distributed. I wouldn't limit yourself to thinking a certain size but a goal weight. You don't want to discourage yourself when you hit your goal weight but haven't reached the expected size. Just work on cardio to help you reach your goal weight then incorporate other exercise that will help you tone up so that you will look fit to match your new lower weight. Remember just because someone is thin doesn't mean they are in shape.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 2:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• i weigh 135 at 5'7 im in a size 6-9
    Anonymous

• I agree it matters where you carry your weight. Unfortunately I carry ALL of mine in my hip, butt and thighs :(

I'm thinking for me it will be a size 12.
    Anonymous

• * Geminus

Just work on cardio to help you reach your goal weight then incorporate other exercise that will help you tone up so that you will look fit to match your new lower weight. Remember just because someone is thin doesn't mean they are in shape.

Currently I am doing the Jillian Michaels Videos, the Walk away the pounds and The Firm :) Come spring I'm going to take up running :)
    Anonymous

• From my own personal experience if you lose 6-10 pounds then you go down a pant size.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2010