What can I do about my resume

Hi I want to go back to work, but I haven't work for 2 1/2 yrs. also on my resume some of the jobs don't exist any more. What can I do change all my resume or take of the jobs that don't exist anymore.... Thanks

LOVES67

Asked by LOVES67 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well even though they don't exist anymore, doesn't mean that you don't have experience in them. I would leave them on, but just make a note that they are no longer in business.

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Your resume lists jobs you have had and the experience you gained at them. Doesn't matter whether the companies are still there...you worked there and had certain accomplishments. Never remove them unless they are more than ten years in the past and are not relevant to the job you're currently seeking. (Example...I've been news director at two TV stations that are shut down. I still have them on my resume because I still did the work.)

Answer by gdiamante at 2:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Your resume should have ten years of experience. Be sure to include any volunteer or consulting work you have done while you have been home.
    Update your Linkedin profile. Network! Do your research before sending a resume so you can tailor your cover letter to both the position and the company.
    I do career and job search coaching; I will be happy to review your resume and make suggestions (I do not charge CafeMoms for this service). Send me a message offlist..

Answer by rkoloms at 3:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2010