Reversed roles.

Who would you say 'wears the pants' in your family. But this I mean makes the final decision, pays the bills and Keeps the budget in order. This being typically a male role, I think that the role is reversing. It seems more and more women are taking over the finances and 'say so'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I've always handled the bills and finances in our relationship. We've been married and combining incomes for over 8 years. I have a very well organized system that works great for the both of us.
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 2:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I say my husband but when looking out...its me LOL.

I tend to finances and my husband wants and lets me make the final decision about most everything(although I get his perspective and all that and like it when he makes it occasionally LOL).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• We are both in charge. We are control freaks and have figured out how to both do it. It works for us, we both feel that all aspects of the relationship should be shared equally. My ex husband wanted me to do everything but be in charge of nothing, that didn't work so well. I love the compromise I have now.
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 2:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I handled all that for the first few years until we realized it pissed me the eff off. He's been handling that for years now, and we don't fight about it any more.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I pay the bills but we both make the financial decisions. I work out a budget and strategy for the bills and he and I talk about it. Sometimes he has a better idea, sometimes not. Every now and then he wants to buy something I don't or pay the bills in a way I don't but we compromise and talk during those times.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I don't think it's as much a reversal as you do...the women in our family have always managed the bills. Budgets and final decisions were always joint efforts.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I keep the budget, manage the finances, and pay the bills, but that is it. Hubby makes good sound decisions, so I stand by whatever decision he makes. Don't get me wrong, I work and I'm smart and he listens to anything I have to say, and if I was really really opposed to a decision he was making, I would say so and I wouldn't give in. But, we have a good marriage and I trust his decisions, so I let him handle all that. Compared to all the other life decisions we have to make, the money is the easiest part!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• We just got married, so I'm used to taking care of my own finances and he has always managed finances even when married for 25 years to his ex. We are planning on merging our band accounts as soon as I officially change my name on my driver's license. I know he likes doing it, but I will have a say in how the money is spent and saved. He was used to his ex who was completely clueless and let him manage everything with money. She didn't know how much they had. But I'm very different. I want to know our future is secure. He makes like 5 times as much as I do so it will be easy to feel like he "should" have more control. But we are a partnership and he agrees that we should have equal say. I'm more frugal than him since I come from a life of watching every penny and being careful. He's had a very good income so he's used to getting extravagant things when he's wanted. It will be interesting to say the least!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2010