Question about "down there"

For the past week ive been noticing when I wipe after peeing sometimes my discharge is a slight greenish yellow color..but most of the time its just clear...I dont hurt down there or anything and it doesnt have an odor..also I havent had sex in almost 7 months ...my hubby is deployed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Health

• Sometimes body fluids turn colors because of diet or a switch to a new headache pill. It's probably nothing.

To set your mind at ease, go get swabbed. Bacterial vaginosis is really common. The bacteria balance in your vagina can be thrown off by anything. In a lot of women, it goes away before they even know they are imbalanced.

If you have any burning, pain, itching, or odor, go to the doc immediately. Those are signs of a developed infection.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I couldn't say anything better than ecodani did.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I guess I should make an appointment just in case...I also have Mirena could that of caused it?
    Anonymous

• Yup-- an IUD increases the risk of certain bacterial infections. They can also increase your discharge and change it. Usually these changes are harmless.

Since you have the IUD in, and since they can cause certain complications in rare situations, call the doc and ask if they want you to come in. Your doc knows your history.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2010