Have you had a sandwich and a plain salad lately?

Well I am trying so hard to eat right but today I only have white bread so I make me a sandwich with a smear of mustard and cut up some romaine lettuce (I love romaine lettuce) I mean this sandwich was plain and simple as for my romaine lettuce salad it was just plain romaine lettuce with 4 little splashes of ranch dressing (not fat free :(....)I mean just enough to put on the lettuce verylittle of this stuff... anyway I dranked water with my meal now I feel like uh...uh...Idk...
I am so used to eating the bad stuff...so far so good. How can I dicipline myself to get on the right foot on eating the good stuff. I am going to the store today and start from there like maybe liven up my salad with some colorful greenpeppers and so on. wish me luck :)....Thanks ladies just had to share.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• google weight watchers points list and use that as a guideline.
    i love weight watchers because you can eat anything you want, but you have to stay withing your points. everything has a points value and you just add it up.
    keep up the good work!
    Anonymous

• check out eating clean. there's a group on here, and www.cleaneating.com

it teaches you how to eat healthy, without restrictions - just how to eat the good stuff and make it taste good.

today I had my normal oatmeal for breakfast with apples, snack was a bowl of cottage cheese with frozen raspberries and a couple rice crackers. lunch was leftover split pea soup. afternoon snack will be a salad (spring mix, broccoli, carrots, and probably a mushroom -if there's one left).
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm confused...you had a lettuce sandwich? You can have low fat deli meat and low fat cheese and all and kinds of nummy veggies on your salad and still lose weight! Try olive oil as a salad dressing instead..I use olive oil and garlic salt, it's good;)
    Anonymous

• OMG! Anonymous @2;42 I can not believe no one caught that thank you for catching that I did have a slice of ham...lol THX

Anonymous

• a plain salad is just plain...wrong
    Anonymous

• I'd eat the deli sliced meat and no bread. I tend to put the mustard on the turkey and roll it up and eat it that way. You can roll it in the romaine lettuce as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2010