Does anyone else not understand why people like running?

It baffles me. I remember the old Back to the Future movie when Michael J. Fox tells all the cowboys that in the future people will run for pleasure and they all laugh at him like he's nuts. I cannot understand why people do it and how it is considered fun!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It makes you feel better. You get done with 5 miles and your like "hell yea I did that", its great you feel accomplished.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Endorphin high. that's why, most-not all- people experience an endorphin high from about 15 minutes of running, and it continues to manifest the further you go, and with the frequency with which you run.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• some people dont like it... they just want to be in shape.
    Anonymous

• I love running. It is not for everyone. Just like I don't like aerobic classes. We are all different.
    Anonymous

• I've tried, and run a marathon, but still....I don't like running.

lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I never understood the appeal of running either, and then I realized that it is because I have asthma, and running is painful for me. If it didn't hurt to breathe while running, I might enjoy it, too.

Answer by Bmat at 3:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I don't get it either~! I walk 3-5 miles a day 4-5 times a week, and when I see people running past me they always have these pained expressions on their faces and look absolutely miserable..but to each his/her own..I have my own masochistic tendencies that don't apply to exercise :p
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 3:18 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• It does seem to be the cheapest kind of exercise -- no fancy equipment needed. I wish I could run more than just down the street without dying. One of these days. yeah right!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Endorphin high. It's great, and legal and free. It's good exercise, but hard on the knees. I injured both my knees running track in high school. I can power walk now, but running is too much of a strain.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing I enjoy more than draggin my but out of bed, tying on my running shoes and going for a two mile run/jog. I feel so good when I am done plus it the only me time I really get in the day (can't even go to the bathroom without someone walking in or pounding on the door) It sets the pace for the day and wakes me up! I love it!
    apattinson

Answer by apattinson at 3:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2010