SAHMs of toddlers...what are you doing to keep from going nuts this winter?

I'm a pretty creative, intelligent person, but I'm running really low on motivation. We play, read, build forts, color, go out in the snow, go to the library... It's been freezing and snowing out. We're short on money. I want to help my terrific 2 year old daughter keep happy, active and busy while still managing to keep my sanity and get all the housework done. Has anyone discovered any brilliant ways of balancing SAHmom-hood with young toddlers during these dark cold months? Do any of you have lives outside of what I've described? What do you do? Where do you find the energy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You kind of have to force yourself to get up and get out!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 3:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• nope, i have gone officially crazy! playgroups and daycare are my best friend!
    Anonymous

• I got this book 1001 things to do with you rtoddler if you don't mind getting messy it has lots of fun ideas.
    synzmom

Answer by synzmom at 3:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• you sound like you're doing a great job! don't get burned out, though... the best thing may be to have a few lazy days where you don't worry too much... you may feel like a horrible mother for a bit by flipping on PBS, but if it gives you a little time to refresh yourself, it's worth it. cause other than that, i'm not sure i've got anything new for you. i work at a daycare, so my one toddler is a welcome break! haaha... plus she loves to go to daycare a few days a week for a change of pace. not too helpful, sorry! and we JUST moved from the gulf coast to the midwest. i miss the beach!!
    ariel08

Answer by ariel08 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I'm in the same boat... I live in Alaska and Dh and I have ONE car!!! we have to really work together for me to get the car once in a while and go to an indoor park or playgroups. DH and I are working on taking her to the pool, ice skating and just hanging out with other kids! It's frustrating and very boring. We've finger-painted, played with Playdough... we watch movies then act them out or dance to the songs! She helps me cook... we read LOTS of books but it sure gets old after a while! If you're in Alaska, messege me and maybe we're close enough to get the girls together!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• same thing we always do...go to the beach...go to the park....walk around the neighborhood....go shopping...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2010