Is there a 2010 stimulus package/amount?

...? Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You've been getting extra money in each paycheck. It adds up to $400 or so for the year, which means less than $10 a week, but it's there. No bulk money at return time, though.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• You will have that 400-800 deducted out of your return this year too.
    Anonymous

• Sorry. No free money for those with sitonyourassitis.
    Anonymous

• I have heard rumors that some want another stimulus, but that is all I know. Oh, yeah, I believe it is SanFranNan's idea. I could be wrong, but I think she wants to do it.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I believe there will be a $250 payment for people on disability and ssi. There is usually a cost of living adjustment (COLA) each year, but this year, there was none. So in place of that, there will be a one-time $250 payment that will equal approximately a 2% COLA.

Anon 337, grow up.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Do you want FREE money? LOL. You have to work for the money. Duhhh....That is the way it has always been. Unless you are on welfare. And that's a sad situation, sad and unecessary.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Is it time to beat the dead unicorn again?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• http://www.itaxrebate.com/stimulus/2010-stimulus-check

The way in which the stimulus will work consists in a decrease in federal taxes, which will manifest itself through increases in average Americans’ paychecks.
    But how do you know you qualify for this generalized federal tax deduction that is part of the government’s stimulus package and how should you go about receiving what the government is offering you, like a 2010 stimulus check ?
    in order to qualify, you must be paying social security; this means you have to be employed (or self-employed), i.e. you must be working and paying taxes. You must also make sure that your income does not exceeded the amount of $95,000 per year, or, if you are married and wish to submit a joint stimulus consideration request, then the joint income of the two applicants mustn’t exceed $190,000 per year.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• The federal tax deduction comprised in the stimulus will put in (or rather, not take out of) your pocket the sum of $400 (or for a joint application a total of $800). This is money the government normally would have taken out of your salary that you are now allowed to keep.

The amount of the deduction will be smaller depending on where you stand on the annual income chart. You will not be receiving a check in the mail or a check from your employer to mark the stimulus tax cut, but rather, you will be receiving an extra few dollars every month on top of what you’ve been earning so far.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I hope sos. Mister Obama siad he woluld help the peoplels and he hans't. No check and I ani't got no house. He suppsosed to get us a morguage for houses. No nothnign.
    Anonymous