working moms want to go to play groups to right?

I was told I could not join the big local playgroup in my area. Mom's CLub of S____. I was told it was only for Stay at home Mom's. I only work part time and would have been able to make the Friday meet up so what is the problem. why are they being so mean! they are the only group I have found in my area that has meet ups on my days off Friday-Sunday. Everything else takes place on Tues or wed mornings. Of course I have to work mon-thurs until 12. It's not fair. :0( I would start my own but what if no one else feels this way. Plus I dunno if I am organized enough to keep up with being the leader of anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that is really mean - what if one of them experiences financial trouble and has to go back to work part time are they then kicked out of the group? I hope you find a group that is nice
    jtchil

Answer by jtchil at 11:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• maybe they decided to be exclusive so that if they do things on the other days then the working moms wouldn't feel bad about missing it.

but then I've been around a lot of playgroups in my mom days (going on 10 years as a sahm) - and the working moms were never nice to the others that didn't work. there were constant put downs and "I'm better than you because I work" attitudes - a few I attended did go SAHM only for that reason. we were made to feel bad for not working, and that we were special for them to be gracing us with their presence.

but I don't know.
    Anonymous

• check www.meetup.com for a group in your area, that is where I found my moms group

and you should come join the full time workin mamas group, we feel your pain there!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• Create your own for Working Moms - that way you all can relate. Or like the PP said check out meetup - great website! Good Luck! - PS - join us in FTWM!! We Rock!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2010

• I checked out all the groups on meetup.com and all the groups on playgroupsusa.com, and I finally found one local group that was specifically for working moms and had meetings on Saturdays. I joined it, and then they kept cancelling get togethers and finally changed their meeting time from Saturdays to Friday mornings; I work full-time, so it just didn't work out for me. I think the group has since ended.
    Anonymous